Using a high-efficiency boiler feed water pump in your facility offers various benefits. In this post, we’ll explain boiler feed water pumps, what they do, and their key benefits. Here’s everything you need to know about efficient boiler feed pumps.
High-Efficiency Pumps: What to Know
The primary role of a boiler feed pump is to produce high-pressure water for a boiler. These pumps are designed to resist high intake pressure and create varying differential pressures, thanks partly to their unique multistage pump design. The most significant difference between a boiler feed pump and many other pumps is simply the high pressures that they’re designed to work with.
There are a few common types of boiler feed water pumps to choose from, including:
- Vertical pumps
- Horizontal pumps
Boiler Feed Pump Benefits
There are various benefits associated with high-efficiency boiler feed water pumps and many features that help them stand out from other types of pumps. Some of these boiler feed pump benefits include:
- Energy savings. Today’s boiler feed water pumps operate efficiently and consume far less energy than older pump models and conventional pumps. This can help keep utility bills in check and help establish these components among the most environmentally friendly pumps.
- Cost savings. Any energy savings are also likely to result in cost savings. This can reduce overhead costs and benefit a firm’s bottom line.
- Improved performance and reliability. The most significant benefit of a boiler feed pump is its improved performance and reliability. While routine maintenance is required to ensure these pumps work at their best, they tend to perform at a high level and last a long time. This results in improved productivity and less costly downtime.
- Environmental benefits. It’s worth mentioning again that efficient boiler feed pumps have various environmental benefits. They can promote energy savings and businesses reach any established sustainability goals. They can also help facilitate emissions reduction and conserve overall water usage.
How to Choose Reliable Boiler Feed Water Pumps
A lot goes into considering any type of pump, let alone a high-efficiency pump for your boiler system. Here’s a look at some of the key considerations you should be weighing when selecting a pump:
- Pressure. The most significant factor is ensuring the pump can overcome the boiler’s pressure. If a pump cannot perform to the level the boiler needs, it could lead to serious issues, such as cavitation.
- Horizontal versus Vertical. When choosing between horizontal and vertical pumps, it is essential to determine which one will work best for your boiler and facility.
- Heat and Flow Rate. You’ll need to consider the temperature of your boiler system and the overall flow rate.
- Switch or Continuous. Finally, does an on/off feed pump or a continuous feed pump better suit your boiler?
Contact REMA for More Information
For assistance selecting the right pump, contact REMA today. Our experts are ready to help you select the right high-efficiency boiler feed water pump for your facility. To learn more about the benefits of these pumps and find the right pump for your boiler, speak with your specialists.